Energy Efficiency and E-mobility Laboratory
The laboratory offers the following services to manufacturing companies, local authorities and individuals:
- Assessment of heat and electricity consumption, followed by suggestions of improvements (energy audit and energy efficiency audit)
- Preparing reports on the energy characteristics of buildings
- Preparing reports on the achieved ecological effects of implemented projects
- Thermal imaging of buildings and equipment
- Developing of Sustainable Energy Action Plans for local authorities
Energy efficiency audits
Energy efficiency audit is offered to entrepreneurs as well as private individuals who want to cut their fuels and energy bills, heat energy. We assess the condition of client’s energy economy and the fields at which improvements could be taken (e.g. thanks to optimalization of energy usage, limitation of the costs of its acquiring or correcting energy management system). As a result, clients’ competitiveness and profitability are improved.
Benefits for entrepreneurs from participating in the service:
- Obtaining information on energy consumption by facilities, equipment and installations in the company;
- Receiving a comprehensive assessment of the energy efficiency of the business processes and the energy management system in the company;
- Indication of improvements that can optimize energy consumption and lead to lower maintenance and operating costs;
- Estimates of the energy savings and investment costs of the proposed improvements;
- Reducing negative environmental impact of the company;
- Reducing the company's energy needs
- Increasing the competitiveness of the company and its market value;
- Improving the image of the company as a conscious, sustainable and environmentally responsible;
- Analysis of employee, customers, suppliers, etc. behaviors in terms of energy efficiency
- Receiving a study that may be the basis for applying for grants and loans for financing of energy efficiency measures
Benefits for private individuals from participating in the service:
- Obtaining information on assessment of building energy status and possibilities for improvements lowering energy needs
- Obtaining a report from thermovisual audit of building
- Analysis of cost-lowering possibilities in association with change of energy supplier
Reports on achieved environmental effects
The ecological effect describes reduction of the amount of pollution introduced into the environment, as a result of the project. It can be defined e.g. as a difference in emissions before and after the investment.
Thermal imaging studies
Thermal imaging studies measure the temperature distribution on the body surface using thermal camera. It is a passive, non-contact measurement method. It allows to detect the following problematic areas in buildings:
- Location of thermal bridges
- Window leaks
- Errors in insulation
- Dampness of the building partitions
- Spills in installations
- Leaks in roofs
Early detection of these problems and their removal results in lower costs and increased building occupants’ comfort.
We use VIGOcam v60, equipped with latest generation detector with 640 × 480 pixels resolution (> 307 thousand measuring points). Thanks to this, it can be used in the most demanding applications (power engineering, building, maintenance of movement, research and development, medicine and veterinary medicine, electronics, military, industry).
Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAP)
SEAP support the socio-economic development of municipalities. Intelligent and sustainable energy management contributes to employment growth and economic possibilities, in particular through the development of sustainable energy and energy efficiency. Thanks to the plan implementation, it is be possible to carry out long-term investment and non-investment activities, which help in the sustainable development of municipalities.
Drafting of SEAP by RES TTC includes:
- creation of databases containing selected and systematized information for assessing the energy economy in municipalities and in its sectors and objects, and cataloguing of all greenhouse gas emissions,
- training for city employees on issues related to the development of SEAP
- information and promotion activities,
- preparation of strategic environmental assessment of the plan.
An important direction of research and innovation activities in the Laboratory is also integration of RES energy solutions for charging electric vehicles. In particular, the Laboratory deals with such research areas as:
- RES-powered boats, yachts and ships
- Charging stations for electric cars powered by RES and hydrogen
- Vehicle-to-grid and Grid-to-vehicle technologies that integrate electric cars into intelligent power grids.
- Local multimodal transport networks
- E-mobility integration in smart cities planning.
The Laboratory uses a Nissan Leaf as a test vehicle and a fast charging station for electric vehicles. The station offers charging of vehicles in one of two standards: direct current of 20kW (CHAdeMO), which reduces the charging time to just 60 minutes (up to 80%) and alternating current. Nearly all commercially available electric vehicles on the market can use the station. Thanks to the installed wind turbine and photovoltaic plant at RES TTC, it is possible to carry out practical research on innovative integration concepts of e-mobility and renewable energy sources.