PRESOURCE Conference promotes resource efficiency
At the PRESOURCE conference hosted by the German Federal Environment Agency on 12-13 November 2014 in Berlin, key actors from the resource efficiency community exchanged ideas and strategies on new innovative measures for resource efficient production in Central European SMEs.
The various sessions of the two-day conference addressed the following aspects:
- Policy agenda for promoting resource efficiency (RE) in SMEs of the manufacturing sector
- Tools and measures for unveiling RE potentials in industrial companies
- Innovative financial instruments for Eco-Innovation in SMEs
For more information, visit the conference website.
PRESOURCE project aimed at increasing RE in SMEs in the production sector in CE by promoting transnational incentives for ecoinnovations. This objective was built on the achievement of the following results:
- Improved in-house capacity (managerial and technological)
- Improved knowledge and mechanisms for risk sharing and for financing eco-innovations in SMEs
- Improved framework conditions
PRESOURCE partners came from 6 Central European countries:
- Federal Environment Agency (Sachsen-Anhalt, DE),
- German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (Berlin, DE),
- Fraunhofer Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. (Bayern, DE),
- Research and Innovation Center ProAkademia (Lodzkie, PL),
- ENVIROS, Ltd. (Praha, CZ),
- STENUM Environmental Consultancy and Research Company Ltd. (Steiermark, AT),
- ENEA - Italian National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development (Emilia-Romagna, IT),
- Corvinus University of Budapest (Kozep-Magyarorszag, HU).
The project was sucessfully completed in November 2014.
Project co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund in the framework of the CENTRAL EUROPE Programme