Call for Expressions of Interest for Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) Individual Fellowship
About Research and Innovation Centre Pro-Akademia:
Research and Innovation Centre Pro-Akademia (RIC), established in 1996, is a Polish non-profit research organisation active in the field of interdisciplinary research, focusing especially on sustainable energy and circular economy.
RIC’s recent achievements include:
- being ranked as the 2nd most effective research organisation among all 993 Polish research organisations in terms of material effects of research activity in the last evaluation of research organisations by Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education (2017).
- over 40 international and national projectsonly in the last 3 years. RIC is experienced in being a co-ordinator as well as a partner in several successful Horizon 2020 projects, including projects involving researchers from abroad. For instance, RIC is currently hosting a 2-year Individual Fellowship of an incoming post-doctoral researcher under MSCA.
Since its establishment RIC has successfully implemented over 150 research and advisory projects for EU institutions, Polish local and central authorities as well as industry – full list of completed and ongoing projects: http://www.proakademia.eu/en/projects.
RIC is looking to host a Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellow applying to the currently open MSCA IF call. We are looking to support high-quality applications of postdoctoral researchers whose specializations can include:
- textronics, intelligent textiles and wearables [Ref. MSCA-IF-2018-1]
- energy efficiency and energy economics [Ref. MSCA-IF-2018-2]
- environmental engineering [Ref. MSCA-IF-2018-3]
- aerodynamics, fluid mechanics or wind energy [Ref. MSCA-IF-2018-4]
- innovation management and technology transfer [Ref. MSCA-IF-2018-5]
- agricultural and food engineering [Ref. MSCA-IF-2018-6]
Candidates should hold a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience at the date of the call deadline and must comply with the mobility rule, according to Marie Skłodowska-Curie eligibility conditions: Incoming Researchers may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Poland for more than 12 months in the period of 12.09.2015 - 12.09.2018.
You can find more information about the program and eligibility requirements here: https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/actions/individual-fellowships_en
Successful candidates will be offered:
- employment contract for 2 years, starting from 1st March 2019 or later
- gross annual salary of 44,212.80 EUR
- annual mobility allowance of 7,200.00 EUR
- annual family allowance of 6,000.00 EUR
- annual research grant: 9,600.00 EUR.
Incoming researchers will be provided with access to state-of-the-art RIC’s research infrastructure located in Konstantynow Lodzki (Lodz Region, Central Poland), as well as research equipment and technical backstopping. For full list of relevant research infrastructure available, please consult the links provided in the "Candidate Profile" section.
Incoming researchers will be also provided with wide range of institution's expertise in their research topics. RIC is a coordinator of 'Bioenergy for the Region' Cluster, which is a co-operation platform of over 80 companies, research institutions, local administration and business support institutions. The main aim of cluster co-operation is sustainable energy development in Central Poland. RIC closely collaborates with companies and universities to implement innovative technologies, methods and tools in business.
Important note – apply to MSCA IF with us and increase your chances for success:
Applications to the 2018 call for Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions Individual Fellowships (MSCA-IF), where the host organisation is located in Poland, will be automatically resubmitted to the Widening Fellowships call in case their proposal fails to reach an adequate place in the ranking to be funded in the regular MSCA-IF call. Therefore, it is highly likely, that in the event the proposal passes the thresholds for the regular MSCA IF call, but is not funded due to the lack of funding available, it still could be funded from the Widening Fellowships budget (WF-01-2018).
There will be a two stage application procedure:
1. pre-selection - interested candidates are kindly requested to send their application via our webpage (http://www.proakademia.eu/en/msca-application-form-2018) by 15th June 2018.
2. full fellowship proposal - candidates who passed the pre-selection stage will be invited to submit a full fellowship proposal by 12thSeptember 2018 within H2020-MSCA-IF-2018 call
Dr. Andrzej Klimek
T. +48 505 275 212